top of page

Lussia Wellness Group

Public·13 members

My Favorite Wife(1940) =LINK=

All aboard for a spinning marriage-go-round! Cary Grant, the screen's ideal combination of romantic hunk and comedic buffoon, plays flabbergasted Nick. Radiant Irene Dunne, Grant's The Awful Truth and Penny Serenade co-star, plays the returned wife who cagily sets out to reclaim her former life. And Randolph Scott and Gail Patrick add to the marital mixup as Nick goes from having one wife to two to none to one. The right one. What romantic comedy has joined together let no one put asunder. Of all the giddy screwball comedies ever made, this remains an enduring favorite.

My Favorite Wife(1940)

Download Zip: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fvittuv.com%2F2uhBmA&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw2hSIdTS0QIw8um4Cm_54Op

Synopsis: After his wife has been missing for seven years, presumed washed overboard on a scientific expedition, lawyer Nick Arden (Cary Grant) remarries after having his first wife declared legally dead. 24 hours later, Ellen Arden (Irene Dunne) returns, having been rescued from a deserted island by a passing Portuguese freighter. Confusion ensues before Nick chooses his favorite wife.

Last fortnight Hollywood reworked two of its favorite ways of handling one of its favorite themesthe loonier side of matrimony. The reworkings were entitled The Doctor Takes a Wife (Columbia) and My Favorite Wife (R. K. 0.).

My favorites were the black classical musicians. We expect the kids who come in rapping, or even the gospel guys. I appreciated the guitarists and the drummers. But when a teenager came in with a violin or sat on a stool and played his cello, whether in a subway car or on a platform, my wallet would always open, and I always had a word of encouragement. This was a kid who was breaking the stereotype. Sometimes they played jazz violin, that was fine, too. But if they stood there and played Bach, or a bravura technically difficult violin piece, or a particularly beautiful legato piece with an achingly beautiful melody, they made their instrument sing. Everyone in the car or standing on the platform would applaud, and gratefully pay for the experience.

I have to say, they were my least favorite subway performers. They would come into the subway car, make people get out of their way, turn on the boombox with some loud music and then dance and do flips and spins from one end of the car to the other. OK, I\u2019m impressed that you can do flips, and on a moving train, to boot, but they took too many risks. One miscalculation and you crash into your captive audience, hurting both yourself and other people. I\u2019ve seen kids miss and land on the ground. It had to hurt.

One of my favorite scenes from the Robin Williams movie \u201CThe Fisher King,\u201D is the scene where he goes into Grand Central Station during rush hour and is in the middle of the crowd of commuters who pass him as they rush to their trains, the subway, or just through the building. Grand Central is an immense vast space, able to hold thousands, and every day, you can watch people moving, just as in the movie.

One of my favorite flash mobs takes place in Europe. Any time someone posts one of these online, I watch it, even the ones I\u2019ve seen several times. They make me happy, and grateful for the gift and the beauty of human expression. I especially love the one, filmed in the Catalan city of Sabadell, where a chorus and orchestra perform Beethoven\u2019s \u201COde to Joy,\u201D the choral finale of his powerful 9th Symphony.

One song ended and he began singing another. It was Carole King\u2019s gift of song, written for her good friend James Taylor, and a huge hit for both, especially him, \u201CYou\u2019ve Got a Friend.\u201D The singer sang through the first verse, his voice carrying throughout the platform. There were no other sounds, no trains in either direction, no one shouting, no competing boom boxes or other distractions. It\u2019s long been one of my all-time favorite songs, so I was humming along. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page